May 6, 2011

Farmers Markets - 'Shop Local, Think Global'

I love buying our food from local shops and markets, I love supporting small businesses and I love making my money my vote. This weekend I will be going to the Bundoora Park Farmers Market it is the first Saturday of the month which means it is tomorrow. I have only been to this market once before but I was very impressed. So much so that I couldn't buy all that I wanted because I didn't have enough cash!

The bread was local from Collingwood, the strawberries were ever so sweet, the apples were truly new season, the honey had thickness and the egg yolks were yellow. It is a gold coin donation to Rotary at the gate, there is coffee and cakes, meats, flowers and even liquorice.

Support the farmers and makers - come and buy something fresh and yummy for you and your family.



Bundoora Park Farmers Market

No comments:

Post a Comment