Apple Cider vinegar (ACV) is one of my favorite kitchen cupboard home remedies, it’s so much more than a salad dressing, and if you’re one of my clients you’ll often her me say, take a teaspoon of ACV in warm water on rising every morning. Well let me explain why.
Apple cider vinegar is a completely natural product. It’s made from apple juice and is fermented to hard apple cider, it is then fermented a second time to ACV; the fermentation process leads to its benefits. Traditionally ACV has been known as a ‘digestive aid’ when properly fermented. It's best to buy organic, properly fermented and (preferably) unpasturised. I like the Melrose or Bragg brands!
The organic acid content of vinegar helps nourish the correct intestinal flora whilst inhibiting pathogenic bacteria, which may thrive in an alkaline environment. Therefore, a teaspoon of ACV before a meal may set the correct environment in the stomach for protein and minerals to digest and absorb.
These are the benefits that are claimed by taking the advice of a teaspoon of ACV
- Balances the inner eco system
- Detoxes the body
- Aids in Weight loss
- Cures Sinusitis, Infections, sore throats, flu
- Clears the skin of acne, contact dermatitis and other skin problems.
- Lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Kills candida and fungus and populates the gut with friendly bacteria
- Eases Arthritis, stiff joints and gout
- Strengthens Stomach Acid
Have you had your apple cider vinegar today?