February 14, 2013

Super Nutty Choc Balls


This is a recipe that I have taken from loads of people - every one has made their own superfood ball in the last 2 years, so here is mine. It's especially for a few of my clients who want a little snack to keep them on track through out the day.
My recipe really does depend on what I have in the cupboard - you can use all or some of the ingredients listed, but it goes something like this:
  • Nut spread - (choose from) Organic Peanut butter, Almond spread, ABC spread - 1/2 a jar
  • Organic Butter - 1/2 to the full 250g block
  • Coconut Oil/Butter - it's the same thing
  • Nuts; Almonds, Macadamias
  • Pepitas
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Walnuts
  • Coconut desiccated
  • Raw cacao powder 
  • Maca powder
  • Almond meal
  • Protein Powder
I blend the nuts and seeds with a stick blender, but not too fine, add the other powders, blend the nut spreads, pour melted butter and coconut oil. Mix together, depending on the texture, if its too moist or to dry I add what is required, more liquid or powders. Roll in balls and then in shredded coconut. Put in fridge or freezer if I'm needing a quick fix! Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. This is a good energy boosting recipe. I think I'll give it a hot tomorrow evening and will try to do this one. With those desiccated coconut and sunflower seeds, I think this also good for those people who have zinc deficiency because of raw cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is the great things. Thanks to giving the time to share such a nice information.
    Toronto Naturopath

    ReplyDelete