May 7, 2011

Our Favourtite breakfast

I guess this is our houses favourite breakfast only because it is the one that is eaten on most mornings of the week. I started making this muesli years ago because the organic, store bought cereals were too expensive. I couldn't conceive paying over $10 for a 300g bag of fancy muesli that was eaten in a few sittings (lives with a hungry man), and I could make it myself without the dried fruits which adds too much sugar.


It is a (VERY) simple recipe that when made gives you a complete protein, so eat our muesli with joy and I hope that it gives you enough energy to get through the morning.


Here's our Muesli Recipe (all grains and seeds are organic)
Oats 
Almonds
Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Sunflower seeds
Mix all the ingredients in a large jar.
Oats are the main ingredient and the other seeds and nuts are a sprinkling through out.


Serve with cut up fresh fruit (whatever is in season) berries, stone fruit, bananas, kiwis, pears.
Add milk (this combined with the seeds/nuts/grains/dairy makes it a complete protein).


I usually add a dollop of natural yogurt and honey.
Chew lots and enjoy.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment