This is a protein and veggie packed easy pesy meal for the whole family - the grownups love them and the little picky eaters eat them! Top it off with a homemade tomato sauce and a yummy garden salad. Just delish!
My mate Fran, a designer, a busy mum and a business owner put this recipe together she says, ‘I make a batch and freeze them for those quick last minute meals’. Being a busy mum myself I love that this recipe can be made and frozen, served for dinner, afternoon snacks or parties, it ticks all the boxes.
Fran's just launched her spring/summer range of jewelry a must to checkout! www.mooku.com.au
250gm regular beef mince
250gm pork mince
1 x leek
1 x medium zucchini
5 x small mushrooms
1 x med-large carrot
2 x gloves of crushed Garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
1 x teaspoon of chopped or dried herbs, I use whatever I find in my cupboard or garden - sage, thyme
4 x sheets of good quality frozen puff pastry sheets
2 x tablespoon of milk
2 x tablespoons of sesame seeds
What to do:
1. Take puff pastry sheets out of the freezer, separate and place on a surface to thaw.
2. Turn fan forced over onto 180’C
3. Finely grate the leek, zucchini, mushrooms & carrot.
4. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (apart from the puff pastry sheets, milk & sesame seeds). Either use your hands or a large fork to combine thoroughly.
5. Cut each puff pastry sheet in half. Take one half and place a 3cm strip of meat/veg mix along one edge of pastry and roll to form a sausage roll shape. Score the top side of the roll with a knife and cut to desired length. Repeat this process until all meat/veg mix is finish.
6. Paint tops with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7 Place on baking paper covered oven trays and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve & eat!!
Let me know if you give this recipe a go, how easy it is and if your kids and mates love it too.