January 25, 2012

febfast

Grog-on-holiday_image---reduced
I have decided to participate in febfast this year, and maybe every year from now on in. I think it is a great idea, it brings alcohol awareness to our society, it gives your liver a rest, it's a great cause for people receiving and those doing. Bring it on I say. If my donations can help someone in need I am happy to promote myself and this cause to try and get as many donations as possible. As some of you may know, I have a new baby so I am not drinking everyday but nor do I when I don't have a newborn, so it may not seem like a great challenge for me but it is a great cause. 
Once upon a time I did drink everyday and with that I spent a lot of money on drinks, so I ask you to donate the amount of a drink that you would buy me. Be it $8 for a glass of pinot, $7.50 for an Asahi, $3.50 for a pot. C'mon buy me a drink and support those affected by alcohol or drug problems.
If you don't know what febfast is, it is abstaining from alcohol for one month and raising funds for people with drug and alcohol related problems. Some of the charities where your donations will go are 
YSAS in Vic
Mater Health Services in Qld
The Ted Noffs Foundation in NSW and ACT
Bushmob in the NT 
Mission Australia in SA and Tassie
Holyoake in WA and 
The Australian Drug Foundation nationwide

If you are also participating in febfast, here are some tips for making it easy:
  • Consider taking a herbal support such as St Mary’s thistle, it's a great liver restorative.
  • Take a quality vitamin B complex daily.
  • Drink at least two litres of water a day and assist flushing those toxins.
  • Drink chlorophyll everyday, it's another great cleanser.
  • Try black Dandelion root tea, it will help your liver detox.
  • Walk or move for at least 20 mins a day.
  • Hide all the alcohol in your house.
  • Meet friends and walk, a bike ride or do a movie instead of meeting at the bar.
  • Take a good anti-oxidant which may include Vitamins A, C & E and Minerals zinc, selenium, calcium and magnesium.
  • Enlist the help of a trained practitioner to support you and prescribe therapeutic doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment